Monday, August 9, 2021

SRM and VCSA registration problem, DNS issue

Recently I have deployed successfully a new SRM Appliance in one of my projects, but after starting the configuration of vCenter server registration, I saw it show me the following error:

"http failure response for https://srm:5480/configure/requestHandlers/... :500 Internal Server Error"



Next, I tested with the VCSA's IP Address and accepted the security warning of its self-signed certificate, but I knew it will fail again. Because the vCenter has been deployed with the FQDN, not the IP Address and, finally it will redirect to the DNS name again. As I guess, this retry brought the following error:

"http://127.0.0.1:9286/sdk invocation failed ... 30,000 ms timeout on connection ... "

Now I was ensured it should be a DNS problem, so I check DNS settings inside the VAMI interface of SRM. By the way, I couldn't change its settings via GUI (I don't know why), so I decided to do it through the CLI via VAMI_DNS commands in the following order:


First as I thought it's related to adding wrong DNS server. There are some external DNS servers, so it's not possible to reach the corresponding Domain Name. Then at the next step, I change them to the local DNS Servers like the following:


This time when I tried again to register the VCSA for the SRM, it was accomplished without any special issues. Of course I had a little problem with Time synchronization between the SRM and VCSA, so I decided to show the troubleshooting methods for both of this problems in a separate video asap. 

2 comments:

I will start a new journey soon ...